Keeping up with daily household can be a drag, but it does not have to take up all your time. Yes, whether you like clean or hate it, there’s no denying that the refresh can make your house feel more like home.
Fortunately, you do not need to spend all day scrubbing to make your home look great. Simple cleaning tips will help you get the job done quickly so that you can relax, enjoy, and spend well time with the family.
Learn these 7 life-saving cleaning tips to turn your house into a home:
1. Note and Collect your Supplies. Collect or gather everything you need before you start. The last thing you want is to find out which part-way through that you need to run to the store for your vacuum bag is full or out of paper towels. Avoid this problem by making a checklist and verify your supplies before you start.
2. Remove and Trash Everything You Can. The next thing you should do before you start cleaning to clean each room. It’s much easier to clean the room in a group when there is no chaos on the roads. Start by getting rid of anything you no longer need and find a “home” for everything else. Once you open the room, you can begin to get down to the nitty-gritty.
3. Tackle Built-Up Dust. Most homeowners were surprised by how much dust accumulates in their homes. Handle one room at a time, starting from the top and work your way down. Turn off ceiling fans and cleans each blade with a pillowcase to trap dust, then wipe them down with a damp microfiber cloth. Remove the grates of ventilation and washing them to remove dust. Use furniture polish and dust cloth to clean your furniture. This will remove built-up dust and also adds a nice shine and a pleasant smell.
4. Clean Windows and Treatments. Clean and care for the window, remove your curtains and wash them or refresh them in the dryer. Use the brush attachment on your vacuum to clean blinds, shades, and the window sill. Then, clean your windows inside and out. Check your screen to ensure no holes or other damage. If you find a problem, go ahead and fix it now. You will find that this is an easy project that you can DIY in just a few minutes.
5. Appliances shine. No matter how clean the equipment you may, if they are stained or covered in fingerprints, they will make your home look dirty. Use a microfiber cloth dipped in a mixture of hot water and soap to remove surface dirt. Use mineral oil to buff out the stainless steel surfaces and give them a beautiful shine. Avoid using food-based oils (such as olive oil) because it can go rancid.
6. Clean Dirty Grout. Stained grout is another problem that can make the cleanest floor look dull and worn. To bring it back to a like-new state, began to pour the grout with a thin layer of baking soda. Then, spray down with white vinegar. Allow the mixture to fizz for about five minutes, then use a brush to remove dirt easily. Do not let it sit too long, though, or dirt will settle back.
7. Refreshing Your Curb Appeal. One of the best ways to give your home a spring refresh to update your curb appeal. Choose some small projects, such as adding a new coat of paint, plant flowers, or change the number in your home. This will make your home look fresh and welcoming from the minute guests arrive.
Get the whole family involved, and you can overcome all of this in just one or two days. Once you have completed these tasks, your house will look clean and fresh and will feel more like home!
More Parenting Topics Below:
Follow us on: